Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reflection

Blog image retrieved from Google.com


After spending much time completing this blog, I felt that I had learnt alot as the whole experience has been great to me. This is my first time experiencing what is blogging are all about, as previously I did not attempt to create a blog, even though almost all of my friends has their own personal blog. Furthermore, throughout the research on the current publishing issues, I get to obtained new information and knowledge regarding the latest trend on publishing issues, which has been an awesome learning experience, as I get to exposed to all sort of publishing issues which has given an impact to the society, or the ‘internet world’. Besides that, I truly understand theories from Walsh, whereby having multimodality elements (hyperlink, images, video, music effects) in designing an online material, it will ease users to search for the particular key word or topic easily, and it help readers to interpret the meaning clearly and easily. Besides that, theories from Kress & Van leeuwen also leads me to a better understanding towards cultural context, whereby each culture have their own ideology and belief, in which we have to design documents which do not clashes the values and their belief with the participants in a society.
Blogging is a beneficial activity, whereby we can learn a lot from congregating all the points and facts which we would include in our post, which make the learning process so much more valuable. As long as the blog is served with a purpose, then it is worthwhile to be read, unlike some junk blog which only have nonsense and unrelated information such as splogs.

No comments: